Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What Is My Life?

If this looks like another blog from a wannabe writer who thinks their life would make a great novel turned major motion picture starring the likes of Molly Shannon, it probably is. I, like millions of others out there, am egotistical enough to think each and every awkward, embarrassing and funny moment of my existence warrants a story for all to devour.

Whether or not anyone deems this blog worthy of reading is yet to be determined. I can only hope that in finding the funny in every situation, and embracing the moments that most want to forget , I have a story worth telling.

Did I especially enjoy sitting next to a homeless man on a 13-hour bus ride who smelled like baloney and rotting shoes? No. Did his unsolicited thigh massage and whispering of sweet nothings fulfill all dreams of a European romance? Not exactly. Did I wish him the best and thank God I left that bus with an amazing story (not to mention a relaxed upper leg region)? Absolutely.

If you particularly enjoy tales of public transportation molestation, such as the one above, or any other traditionally embarrassing situation, you may find something of value in these little posts.

And if a single person never reads this blog and I come to the realization that I have nothing worth sharing, that will be okay, too.

At least it's a good story.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following your blog now! But I'll make it more creepy, so as to be in sync with the homeless man, and say I'm stalking you via Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O boy, this is brilliant. Just a site about horrible and hysterical travel tales. You should have guest writers... I know Bridge and I have quite a tale about Prague... though that ones so horrible it's almost not funny. Almost.

    ReplyDelete